As teenagers, you are facing a world full of uncertainties and challenges. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed or insecure about the future. However, in the midst of all this, we have an unchanging God who offers us security and hope. Today, we will explore two passages from the Bible that remind us of God’s judgment and love, and how they can bring us peace and confidence in our faith journey.
Bible Reading: Zephaniah 1:7, 12-18
(Zephaniah 1:7) – Be silent before the Sovereign Lord, for the day of the Lord is near. (Zephaniah 1:12-18) – Exploring God’s impending judgment and its consequences.
- Zephaniah was a prophet who delivered God’s message of impending judgment upon Judah and other nations.
- The passage emphasizes the seriousness of sin and the need for repentance.
- It serves as a reminder that God will judge the world, holding everyone accountable for their actions.
- How do you feel when you read about God’s judgment in this passage?
- Why do you think it’s important for us to acknowledge and understand God’s judgment?
- How does knowing that God will judge the world impact the way you live your life?
Bible Reading: Psalm 90:1-8, (9-11), 12
(Psalm 90:1-8, (9-11), 12) – Reflecting on God’s eternal nature and our limited time on earth.
- This psalm, attributed to Moses, highlights the eternal nature of God and the brevity of human life.
- It calls us to recognize our dependence on God and to live each day with wisdom and purpose.
- The passage reminds us that God’s love endures forever, even in the midst of our frailty and mortality.
- How does the concept of God’s eternal nature make you feel?
- How can reflecting on the brevity of life help us prioritize what truly matters?
- In what ways can we live each day with wisdom and purpose, considering our limited time on earth?
Youth Group Game: “Secure or Insecure”
- Divide into teams and provide each team with a list of statements related to faith and security.
- Teams must decide whether each statement reflects a secure or insecure perspective.
- Discuss the answers as a group, allowing for explanations and discussions on finding security in God.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the opportunity to gather here today and explore your Word. We are grateful for your unwavering love and the security we find in you. Help us to trust in your judgment and seek your wisdom each day. Guide us as we navigate the uncertainties of life and remind us of your eternal presence.
In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Remember, God’s judgment and love go hand in hand. As we grow in our faith, let’s find security in His judgment, knowing that He is just and will hold all accountable. Likewise, let’s embrace His love, which is unchanging and everlasting.