Growing in faith is an essential aspect of the Christian journey, especially for teenagers. As young believers, it’s important for them to understand the power and significance of knowing God on a personal level. In Ephesians 1:15-23, the apostle Paul provides insights into the greatness of God and the blessings that come from knowing Him intimately. This passage not only encourages teenagers to deepen their relationship with God but also highlights the incredible power available to them through Christ. Let’s dive into this lesson and explore how we can grow in our faith through Ephesians 1:15-23.
Bible Reading: Ephesians 1:15-23
“For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.” (Ephesians 1:15-23, ESV)
- Paul’s Gratitude for the Ephesian Believers:
- Paul expresses his gratitude for the Ephesian believers and their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He recognizes their love for all the saints, highlighting the importance of loving others within the body of Christ.
- Paul’s example reminds us to be thankful for fellow believers and to learn from their faith.
- Praying for Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation:
- Paul intercedes for the Ephesian believers, praying that God would grant them the Spirit of wisdom and revelation.
- This prayer emphasizes the need for spiritual insight and understanding in our relationship with God.
- Encourage teenagers to seek spiritual wisdom through prayer and dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- The Enlightened Heart:
- Paul desires that the Ephesian believers’ hearts may be enlightened, leading them to know the hope of their calling in Christ.
- Help teenagers understand that knowing God’s purpose for their lives brings hope and confidence.
- Emphasize the importance of seeking God’s guidance to discover His plans for their future.
- The Greatness of God’s Power:
- Paul highlights the immeasurable greatness of God’s power available to believers.
- This power is demonstrated in the resurrection and exaltation of Christ, who now reigns above all authority and dominion.
- Encourage teenagers to tap into this power by placing their trust in Christ and relying on His strength.
Youth Group Discussion Questions:
- Why is it important to express gratitude for fellow believers? How does it impact our own faith journey?
- How can we actively seek spiritual wisdom and revelation in our daily lives?
- What are some practical ways to keep our hearts enlightened and focused on the hope of our calling in Christ?
- In what areas of our lives do we need the immeasurable greatness of God’s power? How can we tap into that power?
Youth Group Game: “Power Tower Challenge”
Objective: This game helps teenagers visualize the concept of God’s power and its impact on their lives.
- Divide the students into small groups.
- Provide each group with a stack of plastic cups and ask them to build the tallest tower they can in a limited amount of time (e.g., 5 minutes).
- After the time is up, measure the height of each group’s tower and announce the winning team.
- Connect this game to the lesson by discussing how God’s power enables us to overcome challenges and achieve great things when we trust in Him.
“Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the incredible privilege of knowing You and growing in faith. We pray that You would grant us wisdom and revelation so that our hearts may be enlightened to the hope of our calling in Christ. Help us to tap into the immeasurable greatness of Your power in every aspect of our lives. Strengthen our faith and enable us.