Hey, amazing teenagers! Welcome to today’s Sunday school lesson. We’re going to dive into the captivating story of Esther, a young woman who displayed incredible courage and influence for God. In the midst of challenging circumstances, Esther’s boldness made a significant impact on the lives of many. This story is not only relevant but also inspiring for you as teenagers, as it teaches us about stepping out in faith, using our influence for good, and trusting in God’s providence.
Bible Reading 1: Esther 2:1-11 Explanation:
- Esther, a young Jewish woman, finds herself in a beauty pageant-like situation, chosen to become the queen of Persia.
- Her selection was part of God’s hidden plan to position her strategically for a crucial moment in history.
Youth Group Discussion Question 1:
- How do you think Esther felt when she was chosen to become the queen? Have you ever found yourself in unexpected circumstances? How did you respond?
Bible Reading 2: Esther 4:10-17 Explanation:
- Esther learns of a plot to annihilate her people, the Jews, and is faced with a decision to risk her life by approaching the king uninvited.
- Mordecai, Esther’s cousin, encourages her to use her position and influence to save her people, reminding her that she may have been placed in her role for such a time as this.
Youth Group Discussion Question 2:
- How do you think Esther felt when she heard about the plot against her people? Have you ever felt a sense of responsibility or a calling to stand up for what is right? Share your experience.
Bible Reading 3: Esther 5:1-8 Explanation:
- Esther, after prayer and fasting, gathers the courage to approach the king, defying protocol and risking her life.
- The king extends his golden scepter to Esther, sparing her life and offering to grant her request.
Youth Group Discussion Question 3:
- What steps did Esther take to prepare herself before approaching the king? How can prayer and seeking God’s guidance help us when we face challenging situations?
Bible Reading 4: Esther 7:1-6, 9-10 Explanation:
- Esther reveals the plot against her people and pleads for their deliverance.
- Through Esther’s boldness, the wicked Haman is exposed and brought to justice.
Youth Group Discussion Question 4:
- How did Esther’s courage and influence make a difference in the lives of her people? How can we use our own influence to stand up for justice and make a positive impact on those around us?
Youth Group Game: “Influence Relay”
- Divide the youth into teams.
- Set up a relay race where each team member has to complete a task that requires influence, such as convincing a teammate to perform a specific action.
- The team that successfully completes the relay using their influence effectively wins.
- After the game, discuss the importance of using our influence for good and making a positive impact on others, just like Esther did.
Heavenly Father, Thank you for the inspiring story of Esther and her boldness to stand up for what is right. Help us to be courageous and influential in our own lives, using our voices and actions to bring about positive change. Give us the wisdom to discern when to step out in faith and the strength to do so. May we trust in Your providence and seek Your guidance in all that we do. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Remember, God has placed each one of you in unique positions with purpose and influence. As you navigate your lives, may you have the courage to use that influence to bring about positive change, just as Esther did.